Saturday 14 May 2011

Wednesday 11th May

I stayed two nights in the campsite outside Doune which was inside an old walled garden.  I went into Doune by bike on Tuesday afternoon (after falling off my bike when it was stationery – and I was sober – and my arm really hurts!) and found I had done all that there was to be done the previous day.  So off I set on Wednesday, calling in to see my cousin in Dunblane, to Pitlochry.  The campsite was very expensive and not very attractive.  Had a walk to see the fish ladder at the Hydro-electric dam.  Either the counter wasn’t working or the fish weren’t climbing – stayed at 1417 while I was there.

001

002  Path over dam closed

Is the pot of gold in the Van?

011

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pity I didn't see this one earlier. Whilst in Pitlochry you could have gone to see the oldest tree in the UK. A yew, in the churchyard at Fortingall. 14 virgins holding hands could not encircle it. Though these days that might be hard to prove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tricky animals bikes!! hope your arm (and dignity) fully recovered

    ReplyDelete