Wednesday 11 May 2011

3 May–part two

I then drove north to Portpatrick north of Port Logan – quite a big place in comparison with Isle of Whithorn and Port Logan. At Portpatrick there were several attempts at being THE port for Ireland but there is no shelter from the sea and all attempts suffered severe storm damage.

Portpatrick--3-May-030_thumb1 Portpatrick

Portpatrick--3-May-033_thumb1

An attempt at a harbour destroyed

Black-Guillemot--3-May-036_thumb Black guillemot

I was informed at the RSPB reserve that I might be lucky at spotting Black Guillemots in the harbour (inner + not destroyed) at Portpatrick; I was lucky, one was doing very little. No-one else seemed to notice. They are rare but I do hope to see more in Orkney and Shetland.

Black-Guillemot--3-May-037_thumb The same black guillemot

Portpatrick--3-May-032_thumb

I liked this idea for express deliveries for this local pottery

Portpatrick--3-May-031_thumb

Washing to match the decorations of the cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment