Thursday 19 May 2011

Monday 16th May Part 1

Am having difficulty posting again so am having to split up the day.  I hope this works….

A day on the Black Isle, particularly Chanondry Point – so good I spent the night there. I went to Chanondry Point first to see the dolphins.

009_thumb Patience at Chanondry Point

Nothing doing so I moved on up north on the promontory. I stopped at the Groam House Museum on Pictish stones in Rosemarkie on impulse, no charge, excellent museum. They had a special exhibition about the artist George Bain 1881 – 1968 who produced a book illustrating that all the Pictish whirls and twirls have a mathematical basis.

012_thumb Pictish pictures

Also there are some lovely buildings in Rosemarkie

011_thumb Shame about the wheelie bin

014_thumb and the perfect pub

No comments:

Post a Comment