Sunday 15 May 2011

Saturday 14 May

I moved on from Grantown on Spey to Dingwall via Forres and Findhorn on the Moray Firth

I had a work colleague who went to the Findhorn Foundation about 15 years ago and I’ve wanted to know more.   The Foundation is a curious combination of spirituality, artistic and eco-awareness.  There is a very pretty village on the peninsula, the road to which crosses the end of the RAF Kinloss runway.  The RAF airfield has now closed so this will cause local hardship.  There is a Findhorn community which occupies certainly part of the village if not all of it, as well as the original Foundation “park” and there is some new development:

003 Findhorn harbour

004 

The caravan from which the Foundation was started in 1962

008   Sun and moon constructed into one of the main buildings

009  and the river Findhorn

011 Eco village

014

016 A dwelling made from a whisky vat

015 Couldn’t resist another picture where the washing matches the building decoration..

It’s now Sunday 15th.  I’m in a campsite in Dingwall, next to the railway line which goes up to Wick – it’s about 100 miles by road.  When I have finished my catch up I will plan my next move…

2 comments:

  1. hey! some great pictures. I imagine sleeping in a whisky vat would appeal to some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving these coordinated laundry photos :)

    ReplyDelete