Tuesday 27 December 2011

13th October Part 2 Swanage to Corfe

059 Swanage

058 Swanage

I spent a month in Swanage last January.  The railway, the library and the Mowlem Cinema were all closed.  There were gales and frost.  But I had some good walks and a good time. 

It was good to find a lovely day, the railway working  and to walk back to Corfe  and have the views – the last time I did this it was in heavy rain so saw nothing.

063

I sat on a stile here and had my lunch which I had bought in nice shops in Swanage.  There is a particularly good deli with scrumptious chocolate and ginger brownies.  I shared just a little bit with a nice horse which watched me having my lunch and it was very surprised when the ginger kicked in.

066

070

072 Poole harbour and a ferry

While I walked along the ridge the steam trains chugged back and forth along the valley.

065

071

076

077

Back in Corfe and a beautiful blue sky

081

084

088

086 

Cleal’s shop, doing well courtesy of Mary Portas

I went to one of the pubs for my evening meal (nothing exciting to report) and walked back to the camp site in the dark;  was pleased that I was able to find my way without any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment