Wednesday 15 August 2012

24 May Oban

 

121 A shop at Salen

Salen is on the main road between Craignure and Tobermory

120

And some very important property at Salen:

119

After landing at Tobermory I drove to Craignure and booked on the next ferry back to Oban

 

051 The Sheiling campsite

052 Duart Castle

055

056

059

062 Oban

The trouble with Oban – apart from being a shock to the system when you are not used to crowds of people – is that the camp sites are miles out of the town so you just see as  day tourists and can’t dig deeper.  I stayed at an “Oban” campsite at North Ledaig,  7 miles to the north.   Rows and rows of caravans parked looking out to sea.  Beautifully clean and horrid.

I went into Oban the following day to sort out a few things – to try to get someone to help me with the leak, through the roof where the TV aerial went which I had first noticed when at Arisaig the night of the Jacobites with short kilts.  No-one could/would help so I borrowed a big A frame ladder and duck taped it up, which sort of worked.  When I got back south I took the Van back to where I’d bought it from and they sorted it out free, saying that they had never had that problem before. 

I only took 1 picture in the museum in Oban

001

To get to North Ledaig you cross a bridge which was once a railway bridge.  Before it was converted to a road bridge one had to get a ferry.

003

No comments:

Post a Comment