Monday 30 April 2012

28 April Saturday

image

Beinn Tarsuinn – snow overnight!

I decided to visit the Museum in Brodick, which is very good.

image

The big ones are big.  Clydesdales

image

image A telephone exchange

image  Petrol measures (2 + 3 galls)

image 

Types of Arran potatoes developed by Donald McKelvie.  Maris Piper is a decendant (not of McKelvie but of some of his Arran potato types)

On the way to Lochranza I stopped at Corrie -

image

- worth  while for the sheep and for my first siting of the year of a black guillemot, first the sheep

image 

image

image

then the guillemot

image

image Lochranza

image The camp site

image The golf course

image The kirk (with bell in situ)

image

image

image

I saw a weasel and heard a cuckoo.  Oh, and I forgot to say I saw a hare last Monday….

No comments:

Post a Comment