Monday 30 April 2012

27th April, Friday

Staying at Kildonan a second night, I visited the hotel adjoining the campsite which was rather depressing – I decided the owners were hanging around the wrong side of the  bar and a couple of youngsters were rushing round serving them first and the not many customers second.  I ordered mussels which were a starter and with the  amount on the plate the description almost should have been in the singular.

image 

The harbour at Blackwaterfoot

Today I heard a cuckoo.  I saw gannets flying and diving and a flock of greenfinch.  Also cormorants (or shags?).  And the smell of gorse.

image

This is a Tertiary Drumadoon sill (geology).

image

image 

The lump at the end of Mull of Kintyre is called The Bastard

image

The King’s Caves (middle distance) – a raised beach (geology) and supposedly where Robert the Bruce studied the spider.  I’m not sure that any self respecting spiders still lodge there

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

and it is Spring….

image

image Another milestone

image My view tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment