Monday 30 April 2012

24 April Tuesday–up Goat Fell

Completely by chance I caught a bus to Brodick and then another to Corrie.  The bus service is very good – the road layout is a figure of eight, some go all around the outside and some do the top bit and some the bottom bit, some go clockwise and some anticlockwise…

I walked up Goat Fell from Corrie – I was very lucky with the weather, not wet, not windy and visibility was OK. The following days have proved just how lucky I was.

The walk up from Corrie is fairly steep and unrelenting.

image

image

image

There is a more interesting/challenging walk up the strath and back along the ridge…

image Brodick Bay

image The ferry is just leaving

image

image 

At the top a lone gull hanging around for scraps/admiring the view

image

image

image

image 

More of Arran, then Mull of Kintyre and the Paps of Jura afar

Then down to Brodick by a different route

image

image

By the time I was back in Brodick, the cloud was down – and I had missed the bus by 5 mins – next one in 55 mins.  So I decided to walk back to the camp site, south of Lamlash, 3 miles by road, a bit longer by footpath.

image

The view about half way between Lamlash and Brodick

image

No comments:

Post a Comment