Thursday 26 April 2012

10th to 13th April - Tuesday to Friday

On the Tuesday I went over to Ambleside and found a brilliant site for motorhomes (short on mod cons) right in the middle of town at a very reasonable £10 per night. I stayed there 2 nights and went to the pictures twice – Ambleside now has FIVE screens! I saw the Marigold Hotel and Mirror Mirror (Julian Roberts as the wicked stepmother) – both entertaining.

On Wednesday I caught a bus up to Grasmere and walked up Grisedale Pass. I really should have been more adventurous.

image_thumb11

image_thumb12 A bomber on a training trip

image_thumb13

image_thumb18

image_thumb14 Grisedale Tarn, looking east

image_thumb15 Spring hasn’t arrived yet

image_thumb16 Bad weather closing in

image_thumb17 Grasmere

On Thursday I again caught the bus up to Grasmere, this time to meet up with Pat + Moira and we had a leisurely walk to Ambleside – during which I bumped into someone I used to work with in Coventry (as you do!)

image

image

image

image

I gave them a lift back to Grasmere on my way to Penrith to see a schoolfriend, Fiona. 

Friday was another calm morning and we went for a walk on the fells overlooking Ullswater + Helvelyn after which I set off for Dunbar.

image

image

No comments:

Post a Comment