Friday 29 July 2011

24 & 25 July; Sunday and Monday morning

On the Saturday I drove on to Glenbrittle which is almost the other end of the island, nestling under the Cuillin overlooking Canna and Rum and stayed there two nights.  Now that it is everyone’s school holidays I am now finding it more difficult to park in honeypot places and am finding some camp sites are full.  I am going to have to stop drifting about and have a major rethink as to what to do in August.

001

The weather while at Glenbrittle was sunny and fine but very very wind.  And when the wind dropped the midges came out.  Another reason for a major rethink.

On Sunday I set off intending to climb one of the Cuillins.  I only got as far as Loch Coire Lagan  when I decided that it was foolish to carry on on my own and there didn’t seem to be anyone coming up behind me, although when I turned back I did pass a few people coming up.  So as part of the rethink I shall have to find some people to do the Cuillins with…

005

006

003

004

018 In the hanging valley

019

There are two people on this scree, about 2/3rd of the way down it, just above the shadow

020 

The edge of the hanging valley containing Loch Coire Lagan

022 The lip of the hanging valley

023

This is Loch Fhir-bhallaich, with Loch Brittle below

025

026 Loch Brittle, Rum & Canna

On Monday I went to the Fairy Pools. 

023

030

I’d tried to do that on Sunday afternoon but it was impossible to park the Van so decided to do it on the way out on Monday – even then it wasn’t easy to find somewhere to park.  However it was worth the effort.  Again a lovely day, not attempting anything challenging but with great views. 

004

005

001

008

009

002

013

020

An excellent walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment