Friday 29 July 2011

23 July, Saturday

002 Ferry leaving Uig

003 Uig and its pier

Leaving Uig, having seen the ferry come in and leave I set off north around that peninsula and intending to do some short walks.

004 Lovely view with wheely bin

005 and without – of Lewis

The first was to a rather sad and dilapidated castle ruin.  Lots of people walking to it and nothing to see when you got there.  There is a lackadaisical approach to signposting – have I mentioned that before?

I then walked to what is billed as Skye’s answer to Fingal’s cave i.e basalt columns.  I couldn’t find the cave but the columns were impressive. 

006

009

There was also the remains of a broch but at ground level only. 

And on around the corner to view the Trotternish  ridge

018

020 I suppose this is what happens if you don’t use wheely bins…

023

There is a place where there are supposed to be dinosaur’s footprints but I couldn’t find them.  This was the nearest I got to them:

027

028

On the way to Glenbrittle there were lots of scarecrows.  This one was the best, using an upturned watering can as a face.

No comments:

Post a Comment