Tuesday 21 June 2011

21st June Tuesday–quick update (i.e. no photos)

The longest day and very cold. Not raining, not bright, just cold.

Am at Durness on the North Coast.  Famous for….  John Lennon spending his summer holidays here.

I came back from Orkney on Sunday and drove over to Durness in the rain.  I went to Cape Wrath yesterday – most north westerly point on the mainland and which was on my “must do” list – and to Smoo Cave (limestone) today.  Both anarchic trips.

Am swithering about what to do tomorrow – I want to climb the most northerly munro, Ben Hope, and the books say Ben Loyal at Tongue is worth and, in good weather, it is worth re-driving 40 miles of the coast road now to the east of me, which includes Loch Eriboll, a deep water loch which was used by the Navy – or do I proceed what will be south (there is no more west by road) down the west coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment