Thursday 2 June 2011

1st June Tuesday: Lerwick

002 

Lerwick at 7.30 am through the ship window and the rain

001

005 

From old pier in Lerwick

006

007

009 Birds depressed by the rain

013

Looking down the hill towards the old pier

Lerwick is a bit like Stromness in built environment but while I liked Stromness, I thought it was depressed.  Lerwick feels like it has business and wants to get on with it – even in the pouring rain.  Like most other tourists I found the museum – modern and good but sensible (i.e. not quirky enough for me).  A lot to look at, I might go backk

020 Appropriately named boat

I treated myself  to a late lunch at a fish and chip shop – wonderfully fresh fish, huge servings and so, given I hadn’t had a proper nights sleep (on the floor of the ship’s cinema in my sleeping bag) I didn’t feel bad about sleeping it off in the afternoon. I didn’t need to eat again and I spent the evening writing the blog till after midnight.

022 

The caravan site and the wind sock

No comments:

Post a Comment