Saturday 11 June 2011

11th June Saturday–mini update

Am having difficulty with the technology again – laptop keeps freezing so don’t know when I’ll manage to do Yell & Fetlar.  I’ve come back to Lerwick having a couple of problems.  I’ve lost my water cap, either left it behind (not been handed in at the campsite) or didn’t secure it properly and it fell out while on the move – currently stuffed with a cut up milk bottle.  And I can’t lock the door of the living part of the van – have to secure it with a bungee.  More high technology.  Am gearing up to go to Esha Ness tonight where we stayed both times we came before – putting it off in case it is not a nice experience going back but I shall have to.

Two dramas in the camp site – I parked up close to a rather disreputable caravan where there is no car.  I should have parked further away – it turned out to be a bit like the caravan in the play “Jerusalem” – lots of young people coming and going, lots of shouting and laughing and music and the chink of beer bottles.  The noise penetrated my ear plugs and this went on until 3 am.  Then, doing the blog and listening to the Nation’s Desert Island Discs, a Coast Guard helicopter came into the helipad which is next to the camp site, transferring someone in a wheelchair to an ambulance.  It couldn’t have been Prince William flying it as too far from Anglesey and he is riding down The Mall today.

002

No comments:

Post a Comment