Thursday 19 January 2012

10 October 2011

19th January 2012: I wrote up my blog over New Year on my laptop.  Subsequently the nasty little thing  went on the blink and has been sent away maybe never to be seen again.  So I am having to try to re-remember what I have done and wrote about.  I want to be up to date before I depart for three weeks from Brize Norton on an RAF flight for the Falklands on Sunday so I can concentrate on blogging about the Falklands when I get back…

322

So…back to 10 October 2011.  The Van has an awning with side enclosures and this has never been “erected” (is that what you do to an awning?) since a failed attempt in September 2010.  A fellow surveyor, Ella, promised to help me so we agreed to meet up in the camp site of an extraordinarily named pub “True Lovers’ Knot” between Wimborne and Blandford Forum.  She has a smaller, neater outfit, a Bilbo’s (their use of the appostrophe).  She erected her awning in three quarters of an hour.  After more than three hours on mine we finished mine with a little bodging at the end.

012 The Bilbo’s outfit

010 The erection

014

IMG-20111012-00039

IMG-20111012-00040

I very much doubt the awning will see the light of day frequently if at all….

No comments:

Post a Comment