Wednesday 17 October 2012

5 June Cambletown and Carradale

After visiting Tarbet I drove down to the bottom of the Mull of Kintyre – there is a good road down the west coast to Cambletown.  

004

070 Interesting converted kirk

The weather deteriorated which may not have been fair on the Mull…

019 Cambletown

012

014 Southern end of the Mull

016

015

The east coast road is single track and fairly difficult.

When I arrived at Carradale I parked up for a couple of nights.

I visited a local castle where they cured their own sheepskins

021

020

009 And the weather improved

Camp site looked across the Kilbrannan Sound to the Isle of Arran

003

007 

005

008

On my walk I came across a pair of waterlogged sheep shivering in a stream.  I spent a long time rescuing them by driving them downstream – they had only to walk downstream around the corner to get onto the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment