Sunday 4 March 2012

Falklands Finale!

Sorry, there is another bird I overlooked – the Pale-faced sheathbill.  I only came across them on Sea Lion Island with the Rockhoppers.  They clean up on the other birds.. but are really quite endearing.

1411

1404 1

1406 2

1408 3

1409 4

1410 and disgusting feet.

I had had the Falklands on my list of places to go for a very long time and now I wonder why it had taken me so long.  I had a really good time, the wild life was amazing, I didn’t have to worry about anything, I met some really interesting people in addition to the friendly Falklanders themselves  – surgeons, people from the British Antarctic Survey, film crews, veterans from the 1982 conflict and other  tourists.

So if I you are interested,  I recommend contacting Arlette at Falkland Island Holidays…

1515

No comments:

Post a Comment